- Category: About
- Published: Monday, 22 October 2012 09:10
- Written by dai_admin
- Hits: 7186
DAI Mission Statement
The purpose of this Association shall be to promote the general welfare of its members in accordance with the provisions set forth in the By-Laws governing the Association.
- To promote and develop a friendly spirit among all members of the Police Department, County of Nassau, New York.
- To act as the sole bargaining representative of the Detectives employed by the Nassau County Police Department with the exclusive right to bargain collectively with the County of Nassau, in the determination of wages, hours and other conditions of employment and the administration of grievances arising there under.
- To provide educational advancement and training for employees, members and officers of the Association.
- To benefit this Association.
- To provide financial and moral assistance to other labor organizations or other bodies having purposes and objectives in whole or in part similar or related to those of this organization.
- To engage in, perform and do all of those acts lawfully and usually engaged in, performed or done by similar labor organization and labor unions.
- To do any other act or thing incidental to or connected with the foregoing purposes or in advancement thereof, but not for the pecuniary profit or financial gain of its members, directors or officers, except as permitted under Article 5 of the Not-For-Profit Corporation Law No net earnings of this organization shall inure to the benefit of any member. Upon dissolution, all assets remaining-after the satisfaction of all liabilities of the organization shall be donated to an organization qualifying under Section 501(c)(3) on the Internal Revenue Code, such organization to be selected by majority vote of the members of the organization.